The Gnome Sweet Gnome set was gifted to me from a friend (thank you!!), and I LOVE it. I honestly still laugh every time I use it.
there's no place like gnome
Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Just Add Cake DSP
Stamps: Gnome Sweet Gnome, Gnomenclature
Inks: Wild Wasabi, Rich Razzleberrym Basic Black
Tools: Big Shot, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Decorative Label punch, Square punch, Stripes embossing folder,
This was the fun sketch I was working with:
And here is basically how it was made:
1. The shutters were painstakingly made by cutting and sponging 1" x 3/4" pices of Wild Wasabi and layering them on the panels.
2. The Whisper White piece is embossed using the Stripes embossing folder, to give them illusion of siding.
3. To make the windows, I punched out 4 pieces of scrap paper using the 1-1/4" punch and placed them on a 3"x3" piece of cardstock. This gave me my template... even still, I managed to make them all a little uneven.
4. The curtains and valance are made using both the edgelits dies
5. The sentiment is punched out using the Decorative Label punch and cropped to make it look like a flower box. The flowers are from the Gnome Sweet Gnome set as well (the sentiment is from the set Gnomenclature").
6. The little lady gnome was stamped in Basic Black, then coloured with blender pens and cut out. I adhered her to the inside of the card, so that when it's open you can still see her, and it makes her feel as if she's not painted on the window :P
Until next time - Happy stamping :)